Wednesday, January 23, 2008

the harmonica song

We've been listening to the JUNO soundtrack in the car lately- Isaac's favorite song is track 1 (All I Want is You-Barry Louis Polisar - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00122NXGS/ref=dm_mu_dp_trk1). The first time he listened to it I told him we were hearing a harmonica. Now he's obsessed with it and wants to hear it again & again & again & again... He calls it "the harmonica song." We were at the bank drive-though with about a billion deposits for the store the other day... needless to say we were in the car a VERY long time and I heard "the harmonica song" about a billion times. Good thing it's a good song.

Here is Isaac eating Goldfish in the car...

and Delia is her carseat...


On a related note- I've been trying to decide if I liked the movie, JUNO. I've decided that I like it... when I saw it I was expecting a comedy, but it's not. Don't get me wrong, it's funny, but I wouldn't call it a comedy. It's sweet and sad and funny and messed up. I'm happy to see Oscar nods for the movie, Diablo Cody, Jason Reitman, and Ellen Page (whose performance is pretty incredible.) The movie is full of some of my favorites- Jennifer Garner, Allison Janney, Jason Bateman, J.K. Simmons, with a delightful Rainn Wilson apperance at the beginning. I could go on and on, but I'm not much of a movie reviewer. All this to say, you should check it out- it's not a 70s sitcom remake or the 3rd installment of anything- totally original which is hard to find. The soundtrack is great, too, just a couple of tracks you'll have to skip if listening to with kids.

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Hi Guys! Congrats on Delia! She is beautiful. I also LOVE how you did her room. It's so pretty. It's fun to see you here and "catch up!" :) Kristina