Thursday, June 05, 2008

If everybody had an ocean....

The kids can now tell people that their very first rock-n-roll concert was... The Beach Boys! I (Sarah) have loved The Beach Boys forever, so when we heard they were coming into town we decided we had to go! We've been playing their songs in the car for months and months to get Isaac "ready." Of course when the day finally got here it was cold, rainy, and windy, but we bundled up and went anyway. It helped that Grandpa was one of the organizers, and we sat under the VIP tent out of the rain (I did miss meeting them in person w/ my dad by about 10 minutes- I was bummed). The concert was great! We danced and sang and Isaac played with wet beach balls. After heading home way, way past bedtimes both kids were out cold within minutes.
I don't have pictures of US at the concert, but here is Isaac a couple of days ago next to his car. If you say "Giddy-up, giddy-up.." he'll say "409!"

Delia's favorite BB tune? Barbara Ann. She's got the Ba-Ba-Ba's down pat.

Matt, Jason, Ben, Melissa, and my Aunt Susie worked all day at our IKE'S COFFEE HOUSE/Village Pizza booth selling pizza and coffee while bands played all afternoon. It looks really cold because it was! Let's just say the iced coffee didn't go over very well.

Here's a couple of pictures of the concert, courtesy of the Durango Herald. I was going to take my camera in, but with all the rain we skipped it.



0 comments: