Sunday, July 12, 2009

Camping Trip

This weekend we took the kids camping for the first time. Matt and I both grew up in the mountains and loved camping as kids, so we figured it was time to get started with our kids. After our 15 hour adventure we think we might wait until they are a little bit older to do a lot more "roughing it." I think the kids mostly had fun, but the fire was a bit stressful (especially with Delia screaming her head off if I went anywhere near the fire- no marshmallows for Mommy) and, as expected, the kids had a hard time sleeping in the tent. I spent most of the night clinging to a sliver of my Thermarest trying to stay warm while Delia hogged my pillow and sleeping bag. Matt chased Isaac's slippery sleeping bag all over the tent all night, and neither of us slept much. We were pulling back into our garage by 8am the next morning. At least we gave it a shot. Here's some highlights-
Roasting marshmallows with Pop... Mesmerized by the fire...
Snuggling in sleeping bags...

Hiking with Pop...
Playing with their new flashlights (!)...




0 comments: