Sunday, February 28, 2010

Expansion

How many of our kids can you count in this picture?
Did you count three? That's right, our third little one is on his/her way and should be here around the end of August. We are all very excited- the kids are looking forward to outnumbering us. Isaac thinks I am having a boy for him and a girl for Delia. We have been trying to explain that there is only ONE baby in there so he won't be disappointed. Delia likes to point to my belly button and says, "Mommy baby," with a silly grin. Matt and I were pretty surprised at the news, as we were told it was highly unlikely I'd be able to get pregnant again, and we had started the process of adopting from overseas last year. We are thrilled to be having another baby and will resume the adoption process after this baby is born.
On the downside, this pregnancy has been difficult for me (but good for the baby which is GREAT news.) I have hyperemesis- an extreme sensitivity to pregnancy hormones that causes severe and constant nausea. It is much worse than with my previous pregnancies, but this time around I have a doctor who is helping a lot. My medication doesn't make me feel better (unfortunately) but is curbing some of the dehydration and weight loss. I am hoping I'm in the final weeks of feeling awful, and I look forward to getting back to normal as soon as possible.
We are so excited and grateful that our little family is growing!

4 comments:

Barb and Andy said...

congrats guys! praying you have as much help and rest as possible...hang in there.

Rachel said...

congratulations!!!!!!!! oh my goodness... we have been praying for you and are so excited that you were able to get pregnant again! love you guys TONS and will pray that the days go quickly for you sarah.

Marcy said...

Yay for the expanding Bong Family! Hope you feel better soon, Sarah...

Karl, Meg & J.W. said...

Sarah,
CONGRATULATIONS! I think of you everytime I see the Hughes at church. It's a fun reminder of you all and I was just sending Jenifer the link to your blog when I read the good news. So exciting! Love your craft blog, btw. So fun!

meg