Saturday, August 22, 2015

If God doesn't Live in Colorado...

We got to go to the Bar-D to celebrate Oma's birthday this week!  This is one of my very favorite things to do in Durango, and we haven't been in several years.  It was a perfect way to send off our Durango summer.
 
Riding the train with cousins and Grandpa...


This was Avika's inaugural trip to the Bar-D.  I think she loved it!
 

They have added a playground set up against the ridge where the kids played until dinner.

The kids discovered the terrifying joys of an old school merry-go-round.  For some reason these are not found on elementary playgrounds anymore.



 Here we are waiting for dinner (hands down best in Dgo) and the show.  It was a small crowd that night and a great show!  We got to hear Cy sing "I'm my own Grandpa" like I did when I was a kid, and Avika was head banging to everyone singing "God Bless America."  A great night!

0 comments: