Friday, January 23, 2015

Avika at Five Months

Here is Avika home five months.
 
 If left unattended for two seconds Avika will immediately put on someone's shoes.  She loves dress up.  Here she is in my hat and shoes and then in Pop's hat. 
 
So Avika has not added any words to her vocabulary, but she has started telling stories with her hands.  She will run up and tap my leg to get my attention then show me a complicated series of made up sign language.  She will repeat it over and over while we try to guess what she is "saying."  I can't wait to find out what these stories mean!

Avika's new trick- forward rolls!  She does them over and over again.  I need to get her into a gymnastics class.

 Miles and Avika can fight each other for my attention sometimes, so I love seeing them play well together.  Miles is turning into a great big brother and is usually trying to make Avika laugh.

 Playing with her new Legos on Christmas.  I can usually talk her into playing by herself for a little bit every day, but she'd much rather be right by my side with whatever I am doing (vacuuming, cleaning the litter box, taking a shower, cooking... everything!)  She's a social girl and loves to spend time with her family.

0 comments: